If you’re in the market for a new car, you should check out this list just released by Consumer Reports. The magazine tested more than 300 vehicles at its Auto Test Center to come up with the top picks for 2009.
- SMALL SEDAN: Hyundai Elantra SE ($18,695)
- MIDSIZED SUV: Toyota Highlander ($26,000 to $41,000)
- PICKUP TRUCK: Chevrolet Avalanche ($36,000 to $47,000)
- BEST OVERALL VEHICLE: Lexus LS 460 ($64,000 to $77,000)
- FAMILY SEDAN: Honda Accord ($21,000 to $31,000)
- UPSCALE SEDAN: Infiniti G37 (33,000 to $36,000, formerly G35)
- FUN TO DRIVE: Mazda MX-5 Miata ($22,000 to $29,000)
- SMALL SUV: Toyota RAV4 ($23,000 to $30,000)
- MINIVAN: Toyota Sienna ($26,000 to $38,000)
- GREEN CAR: Toyota Prius ($22,000 to $24,000)
The Lexus LS 460 was named "best overall vehicle" by Consumer Reports.