Although 2009 was a bad sales year for most automakers, people did actually get approved for auto loans to buy and lease vehicles. Which vehicles did consumers purchase in 2009?
USA Today compiled the top 10 best-selling vehicles for the year from Autodata’s sales figures.
Ford not only makes the list twice, but takes the number one spot with its F-Series truck. All the usuals make the top 10 list for 2009, with the Honda CR-V and Ford Fusion also earning their spot on the list. The Honda Civic and Nissan Altima keep their same rankings as 2008. The Chevrolet Impala and Ford Focus were bumped off the top sellers list in 2009.
2009 / 2008
1. Ford F-Series / Ford F-Series
2. Toyota Camry / Chevrolet Silverado
3. Chevrolet Silverado / Toyota Camry
4. Toyota Corolla / Honda Accord
5. Honda Accord / Toyota Corolla
6. Honda Civic / Honda Civic
7. Nissan Altima / Nissan Altima
8. Honda CR-V / Chevrolet Impala
9. Ford Fusion / Dodge Ram
10. Dodge Ram / Ford Focus